Child safeguarding incident notification system
Notify the Child Safeguarding Practice Review Panel if it’s known or suspected that a child has been abused or neglected.
Use this service if:
- a looked-after child dies including where abuse or neglect is not known or suspected
- a child dies or is seriously harmed in the local authority’s area
- a child dies or is seriously harmed outside England while normally resident in the local authority’s area
Concerned members of public should follow this process to report child abuse
This service is for local authorities in England only.
Before you start
You will need:
- Register to use the Child safeguarding incident notification system.
User guides are available to help you:
- register for an account
- request role permissions
- assign, approve and reject permissions
- Your phone number and email address
- Name, age, health and geographical information of each child that you are notifying us about
- Details of the incident, including location and date (time if possible).
- Any important documentation related to the child incident including legal document, letters, emails and forms i.e. 'FORM A: INCIDENT REPORT FORM' and FORM B etc.